Re: Ping [Patch] include/coff/xcoff.h: add new macros

Hi Tristan,

It looks like I indeed get the definitions of:

+ #define F_LPTEXT    0x0400
+ #define F_LPDATA    0x0800
+ #define F_LOADONLY  0x4000
+ #define F_NONEXEC   0x8000

directly from the AIX headers. But F_LPDATA is mentioned in AIX 6.1 doc for ld, so is F_LOADONLY in strip command.

F_NONEXEC is documented in:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-appdev-aix5l.html

So only F_LPTEXT doesn't appear in IBM doc, but it appears in Valgrind code.

I trust you that they're correct.  The reason I held back was that
I was worried about copyright issues if the patch was a bulk copy of
macros from the AIX header files.

I can remove these macros as they aren't yet used in binutils. Tell me what do you prefer.

I think that it would be best to remove them. If they are not needed and we cannot be sure of their copyright status, then lets leave them out. A patch with this change is pre-approved.

Cheers
  Nick