Re: C6X new PCR relocs

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Bernd Schmidt wrote:

> > Also, since the
> > relocations are L16 and H16 (with, correspondingly, no overflow checking
> > possible) are you sure you want to allow the BFD_RELOC_C6000_ABS_S16 case?
>
> TI's examples use mvk, and that requires allowing BFD_RELOC_C6000_ABS_S16.

Thanks.  I think there should however be testcases covering the
BFD_RELOC_C6000_ABS_L16 case - at present all the tests seem to use mvk
and mvkh, so only covering the other two cases.

The code and tests in this patch version are OK as far as they go, but in
addition to the tests needed mentioned above I think there should also be
a linker test covering nonzero results of the H16 relocation (maybe cases
where the result is negative).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com