Re: new port for TILEPro and TILE-Gx processors (toplevel files)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011, Walter Lee wrote:

> +   tilepro-*-* | tilegx-*-*)
> +     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gcc ${libgcj}"

Generally disabling libgcj for particular target architectures is obsolete
at toplevel; toplevel knows what targets support libffi and disables
libgcj for all other targets.

No existing target disables gcc at toplevel so I don't think you should do
so.  But if you do so then it should be in a separate case statement
alongside those disabling particular bits of GCC, not mixed in with those
for other components.

> +     case "${host}" in
> +       tilepro-*-* | tilegx-*-*)
> +         noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof sim"
> +         ;;
> +       *)
> +         # gprof can still be used to view simulator output when cross-compiling.
> +         skipdirs="`echo $skipdirs | sed s/gprof//`"
> +       esac

This host-specific configuration doesn't make sense to me.  Remember that
even if host and target are the same it could still be a cross compiler.
Just disable sim and not gprof and be done with it.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com