Re: simple program

Hi Bill,

I am just looking at the library and since everyone seems to start out
with their first program being "hello world" is there a way to do that
with BFD?

Hello world is really more appropriate as a first test for programming languages. BFD is a library intended for the manipulation of binary files, not general purpose programming.

A more reasonable first test might be to write a program that tells you the type any files provided on its command line. (Like the "file" program).

I hope this is the appropriate list for this. There doesn't seem to be
any other lists except for CVS questions and bug reports.

This is the correct list.

Cheers
  Nick