Re: Patching autoconf to support static binutils?

On 08/24/11 09:03, Mike Frysinger wrote:

Additionally, it is disappointing that you put more effort
into writing this paragraph than to your response below ...
that's what "free" gets you

./configure
make configure-host
make LDFLAGS=-all-static
If you'll read my original email you'll note that the above doesn't work
because LDFLAGS is passed to gcc by some of the binutils Makefiles and
gcc doesn't like the -all-static option.
i tested this sequence and it seemed to work just fine for me.  gcc generally
shouldnt be invoked directly by the makefiles ... the compiles should all be
going through libtool.  and they do on my system.
-mike

OK I will try again and take a harder look at why it is failing for me. I apologize for any perceived impatience on my part in this exchange and I appreciate your taking the time to test the scenario and report your results.

Bryan