RE: Macro expansion on MIPS

Thanks for the clearification Paul. But I still think switching ABI is too much work right now and very risky. So I really want to continue to use O32 for now, and have minimal changes. I'm sure we will slowly transition away from it, but it will take some time.

Meanwhile I tried some things, please see my 'no brainer' examples:

as -mabi=32 -march=mips4
  input: ld
  output: lw + lw

as -mabi=32 -march=mips4
  input: .set mips64; ld        (or any ISA >= mips3)
  output: ld

Good, this is what I want! But it's almost impossible to find all the code that needs this fixup.

as -mabi=32 -march=mips64
  input: ld
  output: lw + lw

 Why don't I get 'ld' as output? -march=mips64 != .set mips64 ?

as -mabi=32 -march=mips64
  input: .set mips64; ld
  output: ld

Does this indicate that there is something wrong with my assembler?

- Jan