Re: [MIPS] Add saa and saad instructions for octeon

"Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@codesourcery.com> writes:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> And here is the new patch with the new -march=octeon+ .  Note there is
>> a hack in the testsuite mips.exp's run_dump_test_arch as the mips64r2
>> sync test for Octeon+ should use the Octeon's .d file.
>
>  Why don't you use an octeonp@ override instead just like some other tests
> do?  You can trivially refer to an octeon@ dump; see some r3000@ files for
> examples.

Trivially, but somewhat tediously.  In practice, it's more likely that
octeon@ dumps will apply to octeon+ too, so I think a hierachy of
overrides makes sense.  In the unlikely event that only octeon (but not
octeon+) needs to differ from the default, then we can use octeon+@
redirects then.  Which would be good, because it makes the unusual
case more explicit.

So I think the mips.exp part of the patch is OK.  We can generalise
it later, e.g. for the r3000 cases you mentioned.

Running out of time today to review the main part of the patch, but the
rest of your comments sound good on face value.

Richard