Handling symbols's display in objdump

Hi,

I am working on porting binutils-2.20.1 for a private target.

It seems the objdump cannot distinguish between code space and data
space of a harvward architecture. The 'print_address_func' interface
(actually invokes objdump_print_address) is trying to just match the
symbol's value but not the symbol class i.e. OBJECT or FUNCTION. Hence
I am seeing text symbols' name being displayed for data symbols' name
in the disassembly output.

How should I handle symbols' display, both for relocatable ELF files
(this can be output of assembler and linker) and executable ELF files,
for harward architecture targets in objdump for proper disassembly?

Thanks,
Ram