Re: PATCH: PR ld/12451: --build-id doesn't work

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:00:48PM +0000, nick clifton wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> >I reckon we should exclude SHT_NOBITS sections from the checksum.
>
> Sorry - I did not see this email before committing the patch to 12451.
>
> >It
> >seems a complete waste of time to me.  We already checksum their size
> >and address when processing program headers and section headers.
>
> I agree.  What do you think of the attached modification to the
> original patch ?

That's exactly what I have here in my tree. :-)

BTW, why was the compress.c patch needed?  I can't see how any of the
buffer won't be written, except possibly due to some bug in a backend
get_section_contents function.  If so, shouldn't we fix that rather
than penalizing all targets?

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM