Re: PATCH: PR ld/12451: --build-id doesn't work

Hi Alan,

I agree.  What do you think of the attached modification to the
original patch ?

That's exactly what I have here in my tree. :-)

OK, I'll commit this change.

BTW, why was the compress.c patch needed?  I can't see how any of the
buffer won't be written, except possibly due to some bug in a backend
get_section_contents function.  If so, shouldn't we fix that rather
than penalizing all targets?

Actually it probably is not needed. I was being paranoid at the time that I wrote the original patch and when I had that working I just forgot to go back and see if the compress.c part of the change was really needed.

I'll revert the compress.c change, and if someone produces a new test case where the build ids are broken we can revisit this part of the patch.

Cheers
  Nick