Re: Supporting more than one CPU with the same gas port.

Hi Fred

Nick, would you say that it is in bad taste to try to make one
assembler handle two different sets of opcodes in one table, two
different sets of registers in one struct, etc? I would.

Bad taste - no. A magnet for bugs - yes.

Mind you, I suspect that this sort of thing (a computing device with more than one type of CPU sharing the memory and other resources) might become more prevalent in the future. If it does, then the binutils will need to adapt to be able to handle generating executables for such devices.

Cheers
  Nick