Re: Supporting more than one CPU with the same gas port.

Hi Nick,

>OK, but why do you want one toolchain that can handle both types of processor, rather than two toolchains, one for each processor ? "

That's exactly what I was thinking when I did my XGATE port and that's why I treated it as a completely separate target. Different arch, different set of tools. I would like to contribute my patch, but it still needs a little more testing.

>Which presumably you can do with the toolchain for the S12X processor, provided that it has been configured to allow the XGATE processor as an additional target.

That's how we build our tools. Compile the S12X tools with the ability to link XGATE object files and compile a separate set of tools for XGATE.

configure --target=m68hc11 \
            --enable-targets=m68hc11,m68hc12,mc9xgate \
            --program-prefix=m68hc11-

configure --target=mc9xgate \
            --enable-targets=mc9xgate \
            --program-prefix=mc9xgate-