Re: gold linker support for shared libraries on powerpc

On January 11, 2012 6:29:45 PM, Cary Coutant wrote:

It sounds like you're getting fairly familiar with the workings of gold. Would you be willing to contribute the fixes needed?

Well, I've got something that seems to work for the R_PPC_LOCAL24PC relocation problem (already sent). It might be too permissive, however. Perhaps it should check that the referred-to symbol is _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ before creating the GOT. Although, if creating the GOT doesn't help resolve the symbol, the subsequent checks should fail, resulting in the same behaviour I was originally seeing (if the relocation doesn't reference the GOT symbol).

I'll have to do some more work for the other problem. I'm highly motivated however, since our link times with GNU ld are excessive.

Thanks,
  Hamish.