Re: [patch ld/binutils]: Fix PR/13710 for supporting broken user .def-file generation

Hi Kai

The consequence of this patch is, that we don't allow export/import
names of "LIBRARY", nor do we support
by it that a library is named "LIBRARY.*".

This should be in the documentation then. One day a user is going to complain about this and we need to be able to explain why there is such a limitation. (Ideally the documentation should describe how to workaround the problem, if this is possible).

  keyword_as_name: NAME { $$ = "NAME"; }
-	| LIBRARY { $$ = "LIBRARY"; }
+/*  Disabled LIBRARY keyword for a quirk in libtool. It places LIBRARY
+    command after EXPORTS list, which is illegal by specification.
+	| LIBRARY { $$ = "LIBRARY"; } */

I recommend referencing the PR number in the comment, so that code reviewers have a chance of finding out why the keyword is disabled.

Cheers
  Nick