Re: RFC: Displaying multibyte symbol names in readelf

Nick>   Does anyone have any objections or questions concerning adding such a
Nick>   feature ?

Not an objection, but I think a world where symbols use the locale's
encoding is subject to all kinds of truly crazy scenarios.

Maybe we're in that world already, I don't really know.  gdb studiously
avoids the issue.

If we're not in that world, then let's please not enter it.

If we're already there, maybe at least for GNU systems we can switch out
of it and make it all use UTF-8... ?

Tom