Re: calculation of pi

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Mischa Baars <mjbaars1977@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been writing this piece of example code, but it seems that someone
> has been modifying the compiler in the meantime such that arguments are now
> passed in xmm registers instead of over the stack. Also the npx top of stack
> pointer isn't handled alike for all three different types of real numbers on
> function return any more.

I have not looked at your code.  However, I can tell you that on
32-bit x86 floating point function arguments are normally passed on
the stack and on 64-bit x86 floating point arguments are normally
passed in the xmm registers.  There are various ways that you can
change this default behaviour, but if you are seeing an unexpected
change then I would guess that you changed from 32-bit compilation to
64-bit compilation.

Ian