Re: R_ARM_TLS_DTPMOD32 Relocation

[gcc-help removed from CC as this is probably not a GCC issue.]

On 31 December 2012 13:12, naveen yadav <yad.naveen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> When doing prelink I got following error.
>
> /a.out
> /a.out: R_ARM_TLS_DTPMOD32 reloc in executable?
>
> Gcc version 4.6
>
> I have following question:
> 1. What this relocation do. ?

The answer to this is found in the ABI document:
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0044-/index.html

Sections 4.6.1.9 and 4.6.1.10 detail the purpose of this relocation
and how it is to be interpreted.  In summary it resolves to the module
number of the relocated symbol or of the current module.

> 2. Is it problem in tool chain ?

The toolchain is allowed to generate this relocation - so it probably
isn't a toolchain issue.  But you don't give enough information to be
able to work this out - we need a full testcase with source and
command lines used.

> 3. Are we need to fix this in Prelink utils

As I said above, I don't have enough information to answer this with
confidence.  But my guess is that yes - you are going to have to
handle this (and the related relocations) in the prelink utilities.

Thanks,

Matt

--
Matthew Gretton-Dann