Re: Commit: gas: Improve DWARF2 fixed increments

Hi Alan,

   when the target uses linker relaxation).  The enhancement simply omits
   the line increment if the line delta is zero and omits the address
   increment if the address delta is zero.

Does the comment about GDB using duplicate line info no longer apply?

   /* Don't emit sequences of line symbols for the same line when the
      symbols apply to assembler code.  It is necessary to emit
      duplicate line symbols when a compiler asks for them, because GDB
      uses them to determine the end of the prologue.  */

Yes-ish. For the targets that use fixed line increments the answer is "yes". For targets that do not use fixed line increments (which is the majority) the answer is "I do not know". I have not checked how GDB analyses prologues for all of these targets, so I did not propagate my optimization to the non-fixed-line code.

Cheers
  Nick