Re: structured assembler for gnu as ?

Hi Bill,

Is there a standard implementation of "structured assembler" macros for gas?
_if, _else, _endif, _do, _while and similar? (which in general would
end up being converted to appropriate single branch instructions.)

I am not quite sure what you mean. Perhaps you could provide an example of what you expect these macros would do.

The assembler does support conditional assembly via the .if, .else, .elseif and .endif pseudo ops. Are these the sort of things that you are looking for ?

Loops are another matter. There are no assembler pseudo ops that magically transform into target specific test and branch instructions. There is the .rept ... .endr sequence for replicating blocks of code, bit I doubt that that is what you want.

Cheers
  Nick