Re: Regarding "Inconsistency detected by ld.so"

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

The output I've posted in above thread is from one legacy framework. I will
create one sample test program to demonstrate the scenario.

In Short :

I've one standalone application (32 - Bit) for which need contiguous memory
layout. Due to the shared libraries falling in a place (libc @0fe40000 and
ld @0ffc0000) which blocks us from using contiguous memory.

I tried certain things with prelink tool to relocate those libraries and
able to successfully to relocate in expected place. But, I like to achieve
the same thing using linker script.

My assumption:

During process instantiation, When the dynamic loader seeks for the unmapped
region there is no mmap in area 0x0f... which resulted in placing the shared
libraries @0x0f...

By default PPC linker is using "-z combreloc" script. I've created one
custom linker script on top of comroloc after adding a fack section @0x0f...
which resulted in above "Inconsistency error"

Without fake section, custom linker script is working fine as expected.