Re: Regarding "Inconsistency detected by ld.so"

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 01:48:32AM -0700, Sakthi wrote:
> In Short :
>
> I've one standalone application (32 - Bit) for which need contiguous memory
> layout. Due to the shared libraries falling in a place (libc @0fe40000 and
> ld @0ffc0000) which blocks us from using contiguous memory.
>
> I tried certain things with prelink tool to relocate those libraries and
> able to successfully to relocate in expected place. But, I like to achieve
> the same thing using linker script.

OK, now I think I see what you're trying to do.  You're trying to
reserve the address space of interest in your (non-pie) executable,
and get a PT_LOAD header but haven't put any contents in your fake
section so get zeros for p_vaddr etc.  Try the following.

  TSTSTART = 0x0f850000;
  .tststart TSTSTART : ALIGN (0x10000)
  {
     . = 0x23456;
  } :tststart

Replace the 0x23456 with the length you need.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM