Re: libbfd: Guess the architecture of an executable file with libbfd

On 05/22/2013 03:51 PM, Emmanuel Fleury wrote:

> But, recently I stumbled into a problem when I am compiling the binutils
> with `--enable-targets=all`. Once installed with `all`, I get a conflict
> between two possible arm architectures. Strangely, when compiled only
> with a few architectures (the Debian package select only a reasonable
> subset of all targets but not wide enough for what I need), I get a
> proper behavior.

By the way, the confusion seems to be between:

elf32-littlearm
 (header little endian, data little endian)
  arm
elf32-littlearm-symbian
 (header little endian, data little endian)
  arm
elf32-littlearm-vxworks

--
Emmanuel Fleury

Rule of Transparency: Design for visibility to make inspection and
debugging easier.
  -- Eric S. Raymond (The Art of Unix Programming)