Re: A Proposal to Move to Git

> If you switch after the releases have been made you also need to
> consider how you'll handle 'dot' releases should they be necessary.  Are
> they going to come from the CVS source base and then be re-imported into
> GIT?  Or, are you going to use a different process to handle them from
> that used to produce the main release?

It's a good point. I thought we'd keep using CVS for 7.7.x while
transitioning to git for "HEAD". On the other hand, I like Tristan's
confidence, so I'd be OK with switching to git before we create
the 7.7 branch. Also, why force ourselves to use two systems, one
of them being phased out, when we can use just one?

--
Joel