This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git conversion status
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:45:42 -0600
- Subject: Re: git conversion status
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <871u3n3hxc dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CABZhLO-TfAAjFbD9xv9x6UJe3jJbZLa2=CMAN+zz-vYpTm5q0g at mail dot gmail dot com>
Fred> 'git clone URL' will produce a directory called "src" which
Fred> is utterly meaningless on any developer's machine.
I chose it because the existing repository is named "src".
I don't particularly care what the repository is named.
If folks want to debate it, I will rename it to the winner.
Time is running out for that though.