This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Is there filter-like functionality in binutils?
- From: "Liang, Zhenyu" <zhenyu dot liang at intel dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 02:47:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: Is there filter-like functionality in binutils?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Ld and rtld should support filter and auxiliary filter objects. But I
don't know who are using this features.
On 10/16/13 08:40 , "Nico Williams" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>An ELF filter is a shared object that can "filter" another object (the
>filtee). It's mostly useful for three purposes: providing stubs for
>symbols whose implementations have moved from one object to another,
>providing stubs for possibly-not-installed functionality, and
>interposition on specific objects/symbols (and without having to use
>Is there any such functionality in binutils/gold/rtld?