Re: [Mips}Using DT tags for handling local ifuncs

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Richard Sandiford wrote:

> > What I mean by "describing" is that even though technically there are no
> > sections in an executable, many mortals like myself dump section headers
> > to see what is where and also to dump the isolated sections.
> >
> > If they are all stuffed into .got, this is lost.
>
> And also for clarification: I definitely agree.  My point is that the
> problem of whether we can do this easily and without breaking user-visible
> semantics is the same regardless of which GOT scheme we use.  We'd be
> dividing up the contents the same way for both schemes.  And we'd be
> creating sections in the same way for both schemes.

 I'd also prefer having detailed section information available.  However
if we decided to go for a single section, then I'd want to have .got
renamed to something else like .gpdata or whatever at the same time.
Fortunately we don't have to decide on any of this to have the ifunc
feature implemented.

  Maciej