Re: ENTER/BOUND operands order.

>>> On 16.01.14 at 16:38, Michael Zolotukhin <michael.v.zolotukhin@gmail.com> wrote:
> This document "syntax" is not the actual assembly syntax.  The
> presence of {er} or {sae} there just means the instruction supports
> those encodings.  I agree that it could lead to some confusion, but
> this document describes instructions, not syntax.

Is there anything supporting this view of yours?

Is there any other case where the instruction descriptions don't
very closely resemble assembly syntax?

> Unfortunately, there is no document describing the assembly syntax (at
> least, to my knowledge), and the tests are the best reference point we
> have.

That would be very odd: Tests setting language standards. If you
don't take the Intel manual as sufficient reference, the next best
thing setting a standard here is MASM. Did you check how they
require the operands to be ordered?

Jan