Re: Section (.sdata2) being omitted but SIZEOF(.sdata2) is not zero?

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 05:36:00AM +0000, Douglas Graham wrote:
> I think the reason that the dot used for some of the expression calculations in .sdata is seemingly incorrect (0x1c80000 instead of closer to 0x1c7a000) is that the size computed for the preceding .text output section via calls to size_input_section() uses the "unrelaxed" sizes of .eh_frame sections from various object files.

Yes, I think you've nailed it (a nice debugging effort!).  We strip
sections early based on their sizes before relaxation.  Your .sdata2
section is empty except for the padding, and the layout before
relaxation just happens to need no padding.  After relaxation you need
padding but the section with the padding has gone.  :-(

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM