Re: g++ -x assembler-with-cpp under cygwin 64

Hi jfrm,

> Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong ?

You are using ELF-only assembler pseudo-ops in an COFF/PE based toolchain.

Specifically:

.type make_fcontext,@function
.size make_fcontext,.-make_fcontext

.type and .size are only supported on ELF based targets. (Well, when they are used in this particular fashion anyway).

.section .note.GNU-stack,"",%progbits

The COFF .section directive has a different syntax, and there are more restrictions on the characters allowed in section names.

Cheers
  Nick