Re: Vendor branches on sourceware.org's binutils-gdb repo

Hi,

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Mark Kettenis wrote:

> > > So how do I tell git to only clone master and not give me everybody
> > > else's shit?  Last time I tried to do that, it simply didn't work.
> >
> > git-clone(1):
> >
> >        --[no-]single-branch
> >            Clone only the history leading to the tip of a single branch,
> >            either specified by the --branch option or the primary branch
> >            remote???s HEAD points at.
>
> But I can't push from a repository cloned like that can I?

You can.  git fetch will continue to only fetch the named (or default)
branch, and git push will only push that branch.  It's a normal git
repository in all respects, just with the fetch= config variable
restricted to just one head (instead of everything under refs/heads/).

Ciao,
Michael.