Re: [RFC] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for binutils

On Mon, 19 May 2014, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> bfd/ChangeLog:
>
>         * development.sh: New file.
>         * warning.m4 (AM_BINUTILS_WARNINGS): Source bfd/development.sh.
>         Make -Werror the default with GCC only if DEVELOPMENT is not true.

You mean the opposite: "only if DEVELOPMENT is true", otherwise
I'd protest. ;-)

Also, I see "test exp1 -a exp2" where the preferred portable
bourne-shell construct is "test exp1 && test exp2".

Also, the "...testing with -lmcheck" comment in development.sh
seems out of place; I don't think there's any such connection in
binutils nor should there be.  If you feel the need, put it in a
file where the actual -lmcheck configury is done.  Or say
"...testing with available tools".

brgds, H-P