Re: RFC: allow a first "=" to mean sysroot for all paths in linker-scripts?

Hi Hans-Peter,

Is there a reason not to allow a first character '=' to mean
sysroot-prefix for all paths inside linker scripts?

No...

So again, how about treating "=" as the sysroot prefix for
*all* paths in linker scripts?

A good idea - please submit a patch.

What to do about quoted paths?
(I suggest both quoted and unquoted "="-prefixed paths to work.)

Hmm, I can think of no situation where a user would want to use = as a valid first character of a real filepath, so quoted and unquoted prefixes are fine.

Cheers
  Nick