Re: Skip ld/lto tests if plugins is disabled for binutils?

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 02:26:19PM +0800, Bin.Cheng wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I found there are some FAIL ld test cases with message like "sorry -
>> this program has been built without plugin support", and the program
>> in this case is ar.  I think it's because I configured/built binutils
>> without "--enable-plugins", the question is:
>> should we skip these kind of tests if plugins isn't enabled?
>
> Actually the real question is why are we enabling plugins for ld
> but not ar?

Thanks Alan, is it possible for binutils to have different plugin
enabling for sub-programs?  we use below configuration options, from
which I see nothing special.

.../binutils-gdb/configure
--enable-64-bit-bfd
--enable-targets=arm-none-eabi,aarch64-none-linux-gnu,aarch64-none-elf
--disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls
--enable-newlib-io-long-long
--enable-newlib-mb
--disable-gdb