Re: [RFC,GAS]Propose to emit the attribute section after relaxation

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 08:06:24PM +0800, Terry Guo wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> For targets like ARM, some architecture related attributes can only be
> finalized after relaxation step due to relaxable instructions. By then the
> attribute section is already emitted,  there is no chance to update the
> emitted attribute section.

Yes, I can see that the size of the attribute section might change if
you want to change attributes.

> At least I tried and couldn't find a way to do
> so. In order to take into account the relaxation, I propose to emit
> attribute section after relaxation step.

That sounds reasonable.  What you've done in the patch though is put
the create_obj_attrs_section call later than relax_seg, after
size_seg.  Is there a reason you can't call create_obj_attrs_section
immediately after the relax_seg loop?

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM