Re: LEXLIB

Hi Christer,

I see that if libfl.a or libfl.so is found, binutils links to it.
But I haven't found of why binutils wants that library. What does
binutils want with it?

Quite a few programs in the binutils suite use flex. The linker uses it to parse link scripts. Some ports of gas use it to parse assembler source code. The archiver (ar) uses it to MRI scripts, and so on.

Cheers
  Nick