RE: [RFC][MIPS] What to do about DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP and PIE

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Matthew Fortune wrote:

> I'm not sure about using the old name with a new tag as it is listed in the
> original psABI I believe.

 But not cast in stone, we can always amend the document if we find it
reasonable.  If the semantics is preserved from the user's point of view
and only the encoding is different, then I think it's the most

> For safety a PIE could only get the new tag rather
> than both of course but a standard executable could have both I guess.

 Old tag can simply continue being produced where it is now, while the new
one would be added everywhere.

  Maciej