Re: MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for your reply!

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Please could you check to see that this problem still happens with the
> current mainline binutils development sources.  If it does, then please
> could you file a bug report here:
>
>   https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/
>
> If you could include a small test case that reproduces the problem then that
> would really help.  If you cannot create a small test case, but you do have
> a large test case then posting that, or else making it available for
> download, would still help a lot.

I just retested with the same ld version (2.25.1) with a updated Wine
version (wine-1.7.53-859-g6ec39dd (Staging)) as well as updated msys2
version ( MINGW32_NT-5.1  2.3.0(0.290/5/3) 2015-10-20 10:21 i686 Msys
), I can confirm it still crashes in the same way.

I'm glad to test the development version, it would take me some time
to build binutils itself. I'll report a bug later when I successfully
reproduce it with newer binutils.

I can't reproduce it with small test case right now, I'll start from
the large test case and investigate further, if there is any hints how
to create a small test case from large test case that would be great
appreciated.

--
Regards,
Qian Hong