Re: ARC port broken reloc processing

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:57:32AM +0000, Cupertino Miranda wrote:
> I believe in this way we set the mask to a correct value for all the relocation types, without possibly introducing inconsistencies (repetitions) in the reloc definition.
> Nevertheless, the generic relocation patching cannot be used to fix relocations, as FORMULA would not be applied.

Applied.  Your patch will fix the relocs used in debug sections, but
as you imply, won't do the right thing for a reloc using other than
an S+A formula.  It also won't work for split field relocs.  So it
isn't good at supporting linking directly to non-ELF formats, like
SREC.  Which doesn't matter too much as it is far better to link
normally, then use objcopy to convert to another format.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM