Re: [AArch64] Don't generate GOT entry for large model TLS LE relocation

On 23/12/15 18:10, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
On 23 December 2015 at 16:55, Jiong Wang <jiong.wang@foss.arm.com> wrote:

This patch revert the following commit
commit b7a944fea3a0194d81f6de4d958f3a1d2c6ad03a
Author: Renlin Li <renlin.li@arm.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 2 17:02:53 2015 +0100
I have not looked at this in detail, I'm out of the office at the
moment, but I did notice that this is more than a revert!

Please split this into two patches.

1) The revert request.
2) The new functionality you want to add.

I think the revert is safe because it is a relaxation, leaving the
original sequence in place should be fine, also it only affects large
model and the default model is small. I think the patch being reverted
here may have had test cases submitted later as a separate patch?

Yes. the patch being reverted was trying the fix bug exposed by testcase

 ld-aarch64/tls-relax-large-gd-le

which is submitted in the next commit. So my concern was a pure revert of the patch will actually cause regression on above testcase. Thus I integrated the
correct fix from my understanding to make sure no regression will happen.

The revert part of this is IMO going to be suitable for 2.26, however
I don;t think we should be taking the new functionality part on 2.26,
at least not until it has baked on the trunk for a while.

Cheers
/Marcus