Procedure to allow creation of a"users/ARM" namespace on binutils-gdb git?

Hi,

TL;DR: What needs doing to OK the creation of a "users/ARM" namespace on
binutils-gdb git?

The toolchain that ARM maintains at [1] occasionally contains some patches on
top of the stable binutils and gdb branches on which it is based. Typically,
this would be backports to add support for a new ARM architecture (eg. Cortex-
m7 support in our release based on GCC 4.8 and 4.9). The source for this is
currently only available as tarball and we would like to have publicly
available branches for users who which to have the patch breakdown or prefer
to use git clone. These would work in a similar manner to the ARM/embedded-5-
branch in GCC SVN repository. We believe the most sensible location for
hosting these branches is on sourceware as a sub-namespace of users, in the
same way as the "users/hjl" namespace. People would then clone the binutils
branch with git clone -b ARM/embedded-5-branch
ssh://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git and similar for gdb.

We are therefore wondering what is the procedure to OK the creation a new
namespace (say users/ARM) on sourceware?

[1] https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme