Re: Difference between --oformat binary, and objcopy -O binary of --oformat elf32-i386

Hi linuxyne,

> When you talk about deprecating --oformat use, do you also mean
> deprecating OUTPUT_FORMAT in the linker scripts? The problem is seen
> with both, as they seem to be aliases with --oformat overriding the
> other one.

I do mean both methods. although now that I have thought about it, deprecating
is too strong a term.  What I am contemplating is whether it would be a good
idea for --oformat (or OUTPUT_FORMAT) to fail if the requested output file format
was not the similar to the input file format.  Perhaps with exceptions for targets
where the translation is known to work.  This is just an idea though, I have not
tried writing any code to implement it yet.

Cheers
  Nick