Binutils 2.27 linked statically to libintl

Hi,

I built Binutils 2.27 natively on MS-Windows, using mingw.org's MinGW
tools, and found that the programs are linked statically to libintl
and libiconv, which makes the binaries significantly more fat.
Binutils 2.26, built on the same machine, was linked dynamically to
those libraries.

Digging a little deeper, I see that intl/config.intl says in Binutils
2.27:

  USE_NLS='yes'
  LIBINTL='d:/usr/lib/libintl.a d:/usr/lib/libiconv.a'
  LIBINTL_DEP=''
  INCINTL=''