.startof.() / .sizeof.() support status

Hello,

tries to start making use of these two gas operators I've faced
resistance due to them being completely undocumented. Is such to be
understood as an indication that they may go away down the road?
(And no, I'm not really up to contributing a doc patch myself.)

Additionally, is it known whether non-GNU tool chain components (e.g.
clang/llvm) support them?

Thanks, Jan