Re: SCORE target no longer has a maintainer

On 1/23/2017 10:28 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
Hi Guys,

  The current maintainer for the SCORE target - Mei Ligang - is no
  longer contactable so I am checking a patch to update the MAINTAINERS
  file appropriately

GCC has this:

score port              Chen Liqin              <liqin.gcc@gmail.com>

But there is no hint of score in the source tree. It was
removed by Trevor Saunders in Oct 2014. gcc normally
follows pretty strict procedures before removing a target
so this is a strong hint it is dead.

================================
commit f230ef81030498353b6f11553ffa76e81d27621a
Author: tbsaunde <tbsaunde@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
Date:   Sat Oct 4 14:53:41 2014 +0000

    remove score-* support
libgcc/ChangeLog: 2014-10-04 Trevor Saunders <tsaunders@mozilla.com>
================================

  I am not going to deprecate the SCORE target itself just yet.  I think
  that if no-one comes forward to take over the target in the next year or
  so though, then we will have to consider removing it.

Looks like it is dead. But an email to Trevor and Chen Liqin
would confirm that you can remove it this week.

What was the SCORE anyway? It's such a common term that I couldn't
find a hit for the CPU.

--joel

Cheers
  Nick

binutils/ChangeLog
2017-01-23  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* MAINTAINERS: (SCORE): Remove Mei Ligang as maintainer.  Add to Past Maintainers
	section.