Re: [AArch64] Additional SVE instructions

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:26:10AM -0800, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Richard Sandiford
> <richard.sandiford@arm.com> wrote:
> > Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> writes:
> >> Hi Richard,

> >> Did you check both big-endian and little-endian ?
> >
> > I have now :-)  It's also been tested with users/ARM/sve-branch of GCC.
> >
> >> (I have checked and
> >> I know that there are no problems, but I just want to make the point that
> >> it helps to know all the variations that you have tested.  Hmm, I probably
> >> should have checked ilp32 as well...)
> >
> > Not sure there's a specific ILP32 triplet yet for binutils.
>
> IIRC ILP32 testing for binutils is normally included with the default
> aarch64 target.  We (Yury really) added a bunch of tests for ILP32 but
> I don't remember how many tests are there though.

I added ~15 tests specific for ILP32 relocation relaxations. They all
already enabled as part of ld testsuite. If I understand testing
machinery correctly, there's no way to rebuild tests in ILP32 mode
like we do in say glibc, and so the only way to increase ILP32 test
coverage is to write new tests were reasonable. This is out of scope
of the patch, for me.

Yury