Re: The query about ranlib for binutils-2.22 and below

Hi Zhangwen,

> Sorry to say that binutils-2.22 was used into our project and now I have no idea to clear up the timestamps.
> Could anybody know to how use zero for timestamps and uids/gid using ranlib-2.22 or other resolution ?

Sorry, I do not think that you can do this using the 2.22 binutils, or earlier.

You could build your own version of ar from a newer binutils and use it exclusively
for eliminating the timestamps.

Or - you could use a binary editor program to zero the bytes that contain the timestamps.

Cheers
  Nick