RFC: Update top level libtool files

Hi Guys,

  I would like to update the top level libtool files (libtool.m4,
  ltoptions.m4, ltsugar.m4, ltversion.m4 and lt~obsolete.m4) used by
  gcc, gdb and binutils.  Currently we have version 2.2.7a installed in
  the source trees and I would like to switch to the latest official
  version: 2.4.6.

  The motivation for doing this is an attempt to reduce the number of
  patches being carried round by the Fedora binutils releases.
  Currently one of the patches there is to fix a bug in the 2.2.7a
  libtool which causes it to select /lib and /usr/lib as the system
  library search paths even for 64-bit hosts.  Rather than just bring
  this patch into the sources however, I thought that it would be better
  to upgrade to the latest official libtool release and use that
  instead.

  I have successfully run an x86_64 gcc bootstrap, built and tested lots
  of different binutils configurations, and built and run an x86_64 gdb.
  One thing that worries me though, is why hasn't this been done before?
  Ie is there a special reason for staying with the old 2.2.7a libtool ?
  If not, then does anyone object to my upgrading the gcc, gdb and
  binutils mainline sources ?

Cheers
  Nick