Re: [RFC] .fill does not accept forward labels

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017, Andreas Krebbel wrote:

> >  Your updated patch seems to have been garbled in transit; I have fixed
> > the breakage however and applied it regardless, and gave it a quick shot.
>
> Next try then:

 OK, that's what I came up with too.

> > It revealed failures for these targets:
> >
> > hppa-hp-hpux10  +FAIL: fill test with forward labels
> > hppa64-hp-hpux11.23  +FAIL: fill test with forward labels
> > ia64-vms  +FAIL: fill test with forward labels
> > sh-pe  +FAIL: fill test with forward labels
> > tic4x-coff  +FAIL: fill test with forward labels
> > tic54x-coff  +FAIL: fill test with forward labels
>
> I don't see these failure with my tests. Could you please post the
> gas.log output.

 As I recall some of these targets do not support the usual numbered local
labels (there may be alternative syntax available, although I don't know
offhand how it's been defined; check what other test cases use perhaps).
Hence (I've trimmed paths for brevity):

fill-1.s: Assembler messages:
fill-1.s:3: Error: found 'f', expected: ')'
fill-1.s:3: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `f'
fill-1.s:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `1'
fill-1.s:6: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `2'

Also the latter two targets cause:

regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^ [^ ]* 0a0a0d0d 0b0b0d0d .*$"
line   " 0000 0a0a0b0b                             ....            "
FAIL: fill test with forward labels

and:

regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^ [^ ]* 0a0a0d0d 0b0b0d0d .*$"
line   " 0000 0a0a0d0b 0b0d                        ......          "
FAIL: fill test with forward labels

respectively (which might be genuine backend issues).  If the same happens
with `.skip', then I'd leave these for the respective target maintainers
(cc-ed) to resolve.

 I wonder how you could have not triggered these though, hmm...

  Maciej