Re: RFC: Remove %A, %B and %L from error messages

I would be inclined to go in a different direction.  %A isn't so
useful nowadays with groups being named ".group".  So remove the
feature entirely and just print the section name with "%s", or print
all sections with both their name and index using "%s[%d]".

For %L, I think it would be better to cast all bfd_vma to long long
and print with "ll".  (It's better to give translators the option to
print a number in some locale specific way, and a translator looking
at a .pot file and seeing %lld immediately knows they are dealing with
a number rather than some other string.)  binutils wouldn't compile
without long long support but I reckon that is OK nowadays.

%B is the most useful of the three, but you'll need to modify
bfd_get_bfd_name to support messages with more than one archive bfd..
Again, maybe just drop printing of enclosing archive?

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM