cgen, binutils, gdb

Ben Elliston writes on the binutils mailing list:
 > Hi guys,
 >
 > Here is a continuation of the patches I provided earlier in the week.
 > These files are also required by CGEN.

On a related note, I wonder how many people are aware of how much
generated C code is in binutils and gdb.  I guess no one pays much
attention to the m32r or fr30 ports. :-)
Over time I hope this will grow.  How it grows is what the cgen
group needs input on.

As people do new ports, it'd be great if they could think about using cgen
(and giving us feedback as to why they couldn't / didn't want to).
One thing the cgen group needs from the Binutils and GDB groups is
feedback on how we handle this.

There's no real immediate point to converting existing ports
to cgen, but there might be some down-the-road benefits.

Do people have a show-stopper of a problem with continuing with
business as usual? [including generated code in cvs and in binutils,
gdb releases]

Do people mind requiring Guile to build cgen Binutils/GDB ports?
[bet that's an odd thing to hear ...]

I'll leave it at that and see where the discussion leads.

For those who missed it, the cgen home page is
http://sources.redhat.com/cgen/